First Fortnight Quarantine HYGGELIG Community News
(adj.) Taking pleasure from the presence of gentle, comforting and soothing things; a feeling of frendship, warmth, peace and contentment in a comfortable and cosy environment.
We are facing a stressful, challenging time at the moment. If you are feeling anxious, please remember you are not alone but we are facing it together as a community and our unique brand of Irish humour.
Here's a couple of options if you are looking for support, distraction or entertainment to help create your Hyggelig moment at home.
- Thanks to Art Impact, who flagged this handy list from Travel and Leisure, you can experience the best museums from New York to Seoul in the comfort of your own home, including the British Museum in London, and the Guggenheim Museum, New York.
- For music lovers, Sofar Sounds is a global community of music lovers creating space where music matters. Through curating intimate performances in unique locations, Sofar shows create lasting connections between artists and fans. And their youtube channel is incredible- you can watch some amazing performances from someone else’s living room from your own living room.
- For folks with the travel bug who would like to transported someone else for an hour or two, this Irish podcast "80 Days: an exploration podcast" takes you away on an internet powered balloon to a little-known country, territory, settlement or city and explore the history, culture and people of each place.
- If you’d like to help support artists during this time of great uncertainty, the Civic Theatre are helping lead out on an amazing initiative to provide emergency relief to artists. Artists have always championed causes and helped affect social change and good; now is a time to help champion them if you are in a position to help.
- If you’d like to help support the health staff on the front line, this GoFundMe is helping make sure they are eating properly and showing the nation’s support and gratitude.
- For people who need a bit of a switch off- Yoga with Adrienne can offer you a relaxing distraction.
- Another relaxing alternative is to listen to the soothing tones of Patrick Stewart reading Shakespeare.
- For those missing the gym, HAS Fit offers a wide range of videos on different exercises you can do from home without needing any equipment.
And of course anything on this website.
- If you are an artist, now is the perfect opportunity to submit to our 10th Anniversary Festival!
All details and link to form are available here.
- We are also currently recruiting for a Therapeutic Services Manager, more info is available here.
- If you need to speak to someone, contact:
- with rationed episodes of Fair City.
Stay safe, stay well, mind yourself and each other and keep your distance, but only physically from other people.
The FF Family