First Fortnight is a charity that challenges mental health prejudice through arts and cultural action.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
- Make the First Fortnight of each year synonymous with mental health awareness, challenging prejudice and ending stigma.
- Create a consistent space in the cultural calendar where citizens can be inspired through arts events and experiences to talk about mental health issues in a non-scripted manner. Utilise unscripted conversation to change people’s perceptions about the ordinary experience of a mental health problem and the less ordinary experience of mental ill health.
- Develop research findings from Festival Events to aid policy makers in the development of a greater understanding of the complex maintaining factors affecting mental health prejudice and discrimination. Advocate for change to the art making system (Art funding streams, Art Education Programs, Cultural Venues, Arts institutions and discipline specific festivals and groups) to accommodate the development and production of mental health themed artwork.
- Provide the highest standard of Creative Therapies to marginalised communities affected by mental ill health (even where co-morbid with other health or social problems)
- Commission and Publish research interrogating the efficacy of the Creative Therapies in promoting recovery to marginalised communities affected by mental ill health (even where co-morbid with other health or social problems)
- Develop and maintain a workforce and governance structure suitable for the delivery of a professional level of activities and service while maintaining voluntary efforts of committed activists.
- Maintain co-operation with National, European and International Partners in the developments of new funding streams and artistic collaborations.
Social Entrepreneurs Ireland Awardee 2018
FRINGE FIVE: Camille Lucy Ross, Dublin Fringe Award judge
CAMILLE LUCY ROSS – actor, writer and artistic director of Brazen Tales Productions is a previous First Fortnight Fringe Award winner (our annual award for an outstanding festival production with m.